Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things


It took a governor from Alaska to bring me to 30 Rock. It took T Pain to bring me to NPR. Now I don't know how I could have gone without the two.

I became fascinated with Sarah Palin. Not the real one, but the intentionally funny one played by Tina Fey. It's because of her SNL skits that I decided to give her show a try. Eff-you-en-en-why. For me, it's right up there with The Office. It has some of the same quirkiness as Arrested Development, but much less weird. Hopefully, unlike my beloved Arrested Development, people will start watching it to keep it on the air. Maybe smart sitcoms will be in style soon. Until they cancel it, it earns a place in my DVR between the wholesome goodness of John & Kate and Gangland.

NPR was a must for this election season. I'll admit I don't follow about 80 percent of what they are talking about. I just feel smarter soaking in whatever they are saying. Maybe none of it sticks, but it's so much better than that robot rap they have playing all the time. (I never thought I'd yearn for the good ol' days of NWA.) They always sound so reasonable, even in disagreement. We should all be a bit NPR-ish.

If you're not part of the choir, give them a try. If you don't like, there's always that mansion in Wiscahnsin to bring you comfort.

0 comments: